It’s midweek, you’re in need of something delicious and filling for dinner but nothing is jumping out at you from the fridge. Well, have no fear as I think I may just have the very dish for you. Very limit prep is required and the oven does the work for you, sounds good doesn’t it??
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
1 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Bunch of Fresh Thyme
1tsp Smoked Paprika
2tbsp Olive Oil
2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180c / 170 fan / 350f / Gas Mark 4
- Cut your 4 Tomatoes into quarters and place into a large oven proof dish or baking tray. Now peel your Red Onion and cut into chunky wedges, deseed your Peppers and cut into rough pieces before placing them into your tray along with your Chicken Thighs.
- Leave your Garlic unpeeled, squishing them slightly with the back of your knife and then chuck them into the tray too. Pick off all the leaves from the Fresh Thyme and scatter them over then sprinkle your teaspoon of Smoked Paprika. Now add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar along with a good pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Give everything a good stir about, so that everything is well coated and that the chicken stays on top of the veg.
- Place the tray into the oven for approximately 1 hour, turning the chicken a couple of times during cooking and basting them in the juices that have built up in the tray. The chicken should be golden and cooked through before serving.
HINTS & TIPS
Serve with a portion of rice, baby roast potatoes, green salad or some yummy fresh bread (I served it with some Mediterranean bread)
Melanie, Food Adventurer