You won’t quite believe just how delicious this tastes when you discover just how simple it is to make!
Anyone who has been following me on here or Facebook will know my love of Nutella, so when I realised that making fudge with a jar of the good stuff was quite so shockingly easy I couldn’t wait to get started on a batch. It’s gorgeously creamy and full of Nutella flavour that it won’t last long in any home!
Tin of sweetened Condensed Milk
1tsp Vanilla Extract (optional. I actually forgot to put it into the mixture… I know, how did I forget when there’s only 5 ingredients?? Don’t ask 😉
230g Milk Chocolate Drops
45g Softened Unsalted Butter (cut into small pieces)
- Line a 8x8in baking tray with greaseproof paper, leaving enough on each side to remove from the tray once set.
- Fill your kettle to the max and boil before pouring the water into a medium saucepan. Bring the water back to boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Place all your ingredients into a glass bowl and place on top of the simmering pan of water, ensuring that the water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is completely smooth. Take care while stirring as the steam may escape from the side of the bowl.
5. Now pour the mixture into your baking tray, ensuring to smooth the top and that it’s as level as you can make it.
6. Place into the fridge to set, the minimum you can sit waiting in anticipation is 2 hours!
7. At the point when you can’t contain your excitement any longer, lift the fudge out of it’s tray by the greaseproof paper and cut into squares. It really is up to you how big or small you make the pieces (I got 42 pieces out of mine)
8. Devour, and if you must, share
Hints and tips
– Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days (it’s unlikely to last that long!)
Melanie, Food Adventurer