I’ve been quite overwhelmed with the lovely comments since making my Maltesers Reindeer Bark and many of you have asked how to make it. I’m almost embarrassed to call it a “recipe” as it’s made in under 5 minutes but as it’s caused quite a commotion I thought I’d better write a blog piece!
300g Milk Chocolate (any make will do!)
1 pack of Malteser Reindeers
Any Christmas sprinkles you like!
1. Break up your Milk Chocolate into squares & place in a microwave bowl & blast for 30 seconds at a time, giving a good stir each time. You want to get to the stage where there’s just little bits of chocolate left to melt. Give it a good stir until it melts into the rest.
2. Pour your Milk Chocolate into a small baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (mine measured 8″ x 8″)
3. Now comes the fun bit!! Pop your Malteser Reindeers onto the chocolate followed by the red M&M’s and your Christmas Sprinkles before popping your tray into the fridge to set.
4. Once set cut into pieces & enjoy!!
Hints & tips
- Have all the items you’ll be adding to the bark to hand so that you can start popping them on as soon as you’ve poured the chocolate.
- If you only have a larger baking tray then you’ll want to increase the amount of chocolate you use otherwise it won’t cover the base of your tin and be quite thin.
Melanie, Food Adventurer