Happy Easter!! I made these last year for family and they absolutely adored them so I’m making them again this year (and probably for many years to come!). There’s not much to love with these to be honest, a chocolatey brownie with a Crème Egg inside…. heavenly!!
Creme Egg Brownies (makes 16)
6 Standard size Cadbury Creme Eggs (frozen for at least 4 hours)
250g Dark Chocolate
300g Unsalted Butter
350g Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract
180g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 190° C / 170° Fan / 375° F / Gas 5 and line a 9 x 9 tin with baking paper & lightly grease before placing your 6 Crème Eggs into your tin, evenly spaced.
- Melt 250g Dark Chocolate & 300g Unsalted Butter over a pan of simmering water (or blast in the microwave). Leave to one side once melted.
- Place 350g Caster Sugar and 4 Eggs and beat until creamy and pale. Now add 1tsp Vanilla Extract & mix until combined. Pour your chocolate mixture into your sugar & egg mixture and very gently fold in.
- Sieve 180g Plain Flour and 1tsp Baking Powder into your mixture and gently fold again until combined.
- Finally, pour your mixture over the eggs and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. You’re looking for the top to have a slight darkening of colour.
- Once done, remove from the oven & leave to cool completely in the tin before lifting out your baking paper & dividing up your brownies.
Melanie, Food Adventurer