With Valentine’s Day just around the corner (14th February just in case you need reminding!) why don’t you say it with chocolate? I can’t guarantee that they’ll last longer than flowers, probably less time in fact, but they’re so much more individual and you can personalise them with sweeties that will make the love of your life love you just that little bit more ❤
Perhaps you could use it to pop the question?…..
100g bar of your choice of chocolate (you can choose milk, dark or white, just make sure it’s a good quality one though)
Sprinkles – I bought some gorgeous Valentine ones from Iced Jems
Haribo Hearts and Rings
Love Heart Sweets
1. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and melt either in the microwave using a suitable bowl or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water).
2. Once melted, pour the chocolate into the mould (I bought this one from eBay). Ensure the chocolate gets into all the corners and give the mould a little tap on your worktop to get rid of any air bubbles. If any bubbles show then burst them with a cocktail stick.
3. Now comes the fun bit, decorating!! Have everything to hand and start adding your choice of sweets & sprinkles.
4. Place the tray into your fridge and allow to set hard.
Hints and tips
– I used this Rose Gold Edible Dust, again from Iced Jems, on the milk chocolate bar.
-Pop your mould onto a small baking tray or plate before you start as it will make transferring the mould to the fridge so much easier!
Melanie, Food Adventurer